Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Oooh...double post day

Sparklie gave me an AeroGarden for Christmas. It's yellow and very bright and it grows plants indoors. The plants come in pod form and the pods dangle in water and the roots grow in the water. Kind of like those weird potato experiments from elementary school, only these will turn into useful fresh herbs. I planted Thyme, Basil, and Dill on Saturday. The Thyme and Basil plants are already starting to grow! There's tiny green leaves and everything. The leaves on the Thyme plant are smaller than a 4 leaf clover, and very cute.

I'm pretty excited to make roasted carrots with fresh Thyme. Maybe in a few weeks or a month or something.

2 comments:

Mattwo said...

NICE!!! I want to be invited over for said roasted carrots. ;-)

Kate said...

I will let you know when I am making roasted carrots.